Clinical Research Group – Thyroid Tumors
The group consists of endocrinologists, radiologists, nuclear physicians, endocrine surgeons specialized in the management of benign thyroid diseases (goiter, nodules, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, orbitopathies of Graves’ disease and malignancies (thyroid cancers, metastatic radioiodine refractory cancers) and endocrine tumors (hyperparathyroidism, multiple endocrine neoplasia and adrenal tumors) The head of the unit is Professor Laurence LEENHARDT.
- Fundamental and translational research :
- Role of NADPH oxidase 4 (NOX4) in the repression of the expression of the iodine transporter (NIS) in papillary thyroid cancers carrying the mutation BRAFV600E (collaboration Dr C. Dupuy, UMR 8200, Gustave Roussy Institute );
- Value of circulating tumor DNA in the follow-up of patients with high-risk thyroid cancer (Dr J. Denis-Endocrine Biochemistry Department and Dr Coulet-Functional Unit of Molecular Oncogenetics, Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital);
- Investigation of microsatellite instability in a large cohort of patients undergoing thyroid cancer (Dr A. Duval-UMR INSERM S938 and Pr Brocheriou-Anatomopathologie, Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital);
- Obesity, Cancer and bariatric surgery: evolution of serum markers and the expression of adipose tissue genes and circulating monocytes associated with cancer before / after bariatric surgery (collaboration Pr Poitou / Pr Oppert Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital Nutrition Service, ICAN) ;
- Genetic identification of susceptibility to familial papillary thyroid cancers (collaboration E. Guillerm, F. Coulet, UF Molecular Oncogenetics, Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital);
- Clinical research component with several national or international academic or industrial projects on the evaluation of the effectiveness of targeted therapies in iodine-refractory thyroid cancers, the development of innovative treatments such as interventional ultrasound by thermoablation of thyroid tumors, the development of new procedures for endocrine surgery (Pr Fabrice Menegaux).
Hôpital de la Pitié-Salpêtrière Unité Fonctionnelle de Pathologies Thyroïdiennes et Tumorales Endocrines – DMU Cardiométabolisme 83 Boulevard de l’Hôpital, 75013 Paris